Are you feeling that familiar twinge of a cold or the flu coming on? Quick—whip up a batch of these easy cold and flu fighting turmeric gummies! If you’ve never made your own gummies before, it’s actually easier than you might think.
Make Your Own Turmeric Gummies
So, why turmeric? Well, if you’ve been reading along lately you may have noticed that I’m really loving this natural remedy right now.
Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric is really an incredible home remedy for a whole host of ailments. It actually seems to work better than many fancy pharmaceuticals in its effectiveness against debilitating diseases like arthritis and even some cancers.
Turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties that have been used for centuries to fight common ailments such as colds, flu, sore throat and cough.
And that’s exactly why I first wanted to make a batch of these turmeric gummies. As a busy mother, I don’t have time to get sick. Who does, right?
While you can taste a hint of turmeric in these gummies the carrot and orange juice flavors really mellow it out quite a bit. I actually really love how these taste, and they’re even more enjoyable to eat because I know how good they are for my body.
I’m loving how simple it is to make my own natural gummies at home with ingredients that are good for my body. In addition to turmeric, these gummies utilize (which are another great antioxidant) and orange juice.
Of course, we’re all really familiar with the power of vitamin C against colds and flu!
Since turmeric is such a great known anti-inflammatory ingredient I also love taking these gummies to help ease my joint pain. I’ve found as I get older that my wrists, knees and ankles tend to ache, especially in the evenings and most notably during stormy weather.
I can’t be the only one who can feel a storm coming in their joints, right?
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms or you just want to give your immune system a little boost, I highly recommend making some of these turmeric gummies!
Cold and Flu Fighting Turmeric Gummies
- ½ cup steamed carrots
- 1 cup natural orange juice
- ½ cup really hot water
- ¼ cup quality natural gelatin
- 2 tablespoons golden pasteOR 1.5 tablespoons ground turmeric
- You’ll also need to have silicone molds or a coconut oil greased glass dish for pouring your mixture into.
- Combine the orange juice, carrots and golden paste together until smooth in the blender.
- Pour into a small saucepan and quickly whisk the ¼ cup gelatin and a ¼ cup of the orange juice mixture. Follow with the hot water, again whisking quickly. As soon as that is dissolved add the remaining orange juice mixture and whisk until combined.
- Continue whisking in the saucepan over low heat until the mixture is very smooth. Just a moment or two. It is not absolutely necessary to do this step, but I do find it helps to give the gummies a smoother texture.
- Pour the liquid into your silicone molds or coconut oil greased glass dish. Set the tray in the refrigerator, they should set in about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container. These will keep in the refrigerator for up to to 1 week, or you can freeze them.